Adam Lucas, Development Planner provided an overview of the Official Plan Amendment and Rezoning applications.
Councillor D. Damerla for transparency purposes advised that she lived in the area and would abstain from voting on this Item.
Councillor J. Kovac enquired if apartments can be accommodated. A. Lucas responded.
Mayor Crombie arrived at 7:00 PM.
The following persons spoke:
- Doug Colling, Resident expressed support for staffs recommendation.
- Aryan Anwar, Resident expressed concerns regarding the shared access with the new development, parking access, resident safety, environmental impacts and traffic. Emma Calvert, Manager, Development Engineering & Construction responded to questions.
- Simon Hoac, Resident enquired about the construction timeline and expressed concerns regarding safety, traffic, exiting and entering the property, and lack of accessibility.
- Akram Mohammed, Resident enquired about the development and appeals timeline. A. Lucas responded.
- David Sajecki, Sajecki Planning spoke to continuing to work with the City to refine the application and provide different options. D. Sajecki noted that they plan to have smaller scale meetings with the residents to provide their feedback.
- Jonathan Giggs, Resident enquired about the minimum growth target with respect to density and enquired about the location of the POPS (Privately Owned Public Space). A. Lucas and D. Sajecki responded.
Committee members engaged in discussion and spoke to the POPS, the appeal process, and the Provincial targets for the City. Andrew Whittemore, Commissioner, Planning and Building responded. Councillor J. Kovac spoke to the community engagement process.
Mayor Crombie departed at 7:24 PM.